Private messages page empty

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by danielvu, Sep 22, 2013.

1. danielvu

danielvu New Member

Hi there,

I have an issue with the private messages plugin on my Subrion install, for some reason the page is just empty.

I have already tried to re-install the plugin but it still doesn't show anything when i go to the page, I have no idea what is going on.

Please could you help?

Thanks,
    Dan
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately Private Messages plugin has not been updated for the latest 3.0 version. Please go with the plugins, that have 3.0 version support. The rest plugins have not been adapted for the latest version and I suppose they might not work well.

Thanks!
  3. danielvu

danielvu New Member

Hi Vasily,

Thank you very much for your quick reply, however I am running Subrion 2.3.7 I previously installed the same package on another PC and it is working fine there, I copied the installation to a new server and everything else works fine except the private messages.

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong and how i can fix it?

Thanks,
    Dan
  4. Vasily_B.

5. danielvu

danielvu New Member

HI Vasily,

Thanks for that, I have enabled debug mode, when I go to private messages, the page is totally blank. I can see this error in the apache log file:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smarty_modifier_date_format() (previously declared in /var/www/subrion/upload/includes/smarty3/plugins/modifier.date_format.php:29) in /var/www/includes/smarty3/plugins/modifier.date_format.php on line 60, referer: http://canalatino.info/profile/

Line 29 in /var/www/subrion/upload/includes/smarty3/plugins/modifier.date_format.php
    function smarty_modifier_date_format($string, $format = SMARTY_RESOURCE_DATE_FORMAT, $default_date = '',$formatter='auto')

Line 60 in /var/www/includes/smarty3/plugins/modifier.date_format.php
    function smarty_modifier_date_format($string, $format = SMARTY_RESOURCE_DATE_FORMAT, $default_date = '',$formatter='auto')
    {

Do i need to remove one? which one should i keep or do i need to do something else.

Thanks for your help
    Dan
  6. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Please submit a ticket with your FTP details. We will check what's wrong there. Thanks!
    danielvu likes this.
  7. danielvu

danielvu New Member

Thanks, it seems when I had an old Subrion folder from a previous installation, I have removed it, and now it is loading the private messages, only problem is that it doesn't load the style sheet. I just see this

Select: All None Read Unread
    FromSubjectDate
    There are no messages in this folder.

Mark As: Read Unread
  8. danielvu

danielvu New Member

All fixed I needed to force the Smarty force compile to rebuild the cache of the template, is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help Vasily