Remove lang url /en

Discussion in 'Real Estate Classifieds Script' started by jeff.p, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jeff.p

jeff.p New Member

If I activate language switcher by default sites urls have /en added which I can't have because Google would beat me with a large stick.

How can I remove the /en for default english, when the switcher is activated?

Thanks
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Jeff,

Please try the following instructions:

file to modify: includes/classes/ia.core.php

find this code:
    PHP:
    define('IA_URL_LANG', $languagesEnabled ? $iaView->language . IA_URL_DELIMITER : '');
    change it to the following:
    PHP:

define('IA_URL_LANG', $languagesEnabled && $iaView->language != $this->get('lang') ? $iaView->language . IA_URL_DELIMITER : '');

This should work. At least it is working fine for me here, on my test installation.
  3. jeff.p

jeff.p New Member

Hi Vasily,

That worked great thanks.

Just that on the property categories menu top, the links don't work when on the italian lang.

Is it because there are no system links through a menu?
  4. jeff.p

jeff.p New Member

Any ideas on this?
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Jeff,

Sorry this seems to be a non-common issue. I've asked @Ernest_S. to take care of this request.

Thanks for your patience.
  6. Ernest_S.

Ernest_S. New Member

Hi Jeff,

We have details of your website and fixed this bug. Please check it.
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  7. rihaankhan

rihaankhan New Member

If you mean removing URL suggestions based on your browsing history, you can accomplish this by deleting your browsing history: go Skype to Settings --> Show Advanced Settings --> Clear Browsing Data, and select "Browsing History" and "From the beginning of time". As far as I know, there's no way to simply turn off URL suggestions without deleting your history (though if there is a way, I'd love to know).Netflix
    Facebook
    If you're talking about turning off search suggestions provided by Google, you can do this by going to Settings --> Show Advanced Settings, then unchecking "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box".
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018