Removing the install module

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by shaununouk, Mar 26, 2015.

1. shaununouk

shaununouk New Member

Do you have to remove this install module manually yourself on the server or will the software remove this for you, I have a spinning working wheel for 5 minutes plus when i click the resolve issue spanner and nothing else happens

Capture.GIF
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Shaun,

Well, it should remove it automatically when you click it and it's a matter of few seconds. Apache (web server) on some servers is run under different member, so it does not have writable permissions therefore it cannot delete this file itself.
    In this case you'd need to do this manually using FTP, you only need to delete one file - which is install/modules/module.install.php
  3. shaununouk

shaununouk New Member

Hi Vasily,

I have made a bit of a balls up by deleting the modules/module.install.php folder, will i be able to just copy this folder back without the module.install.php file or will it need a repair reinstall ?
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi

Please note you only need to delete install/modules/module.install.php file. Yes, later it will be added by update.
    Got your request about templates, etc. Yep, it seems your apache simply does not have permissions for some folders so you cannot install plugins/templates remotely. Rare case now, really. Usually apache server is run under the same FTP user that has writable permissions for the whole folder.

I will reply via ticket.
  5. shaununouk

shaununouk New Member

Cheers Vasily.