Sitemap

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Hayk, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Hayk

Hayk New Member

Hi. I have searched in Core package. There is no sitemap .xml there. If I am right, then I think it should be one of the first fixes in coming new version. Add it please. Thanks:)
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

We will add it later, there are 'Comments', 'Rating' and other plugins in development now.
  3. Hayk

Hayk New Member

Ok, fine:)
  4. Vasily_B.

Please check. Now you can download this from our downloads area :) I have released this plugin today
  5. Hayk

Hayk New Member

OK, thanks, Vasily. Will check it now:)
  6. Hayk

Hayk New Member

Installation was OK. Hope announcement will include some info about plugin and it's features (where the files placed, how plugin will work, is there Sitemap update e-mail notification feature etc.). Very important plugin, thanks:)
  7. Vasily_B.

It should be installed as a regular plugin :) Just upload the file in plugins directory and then install it in admin panel. Sitemap autotically generate a list of all the pages on your site. No emails is sent :( This sitemap is dynamic so when you add a listing - it generates output with this listings. If you have any suggestions how to improve it - just let us know
  8. Hayk

Hayk New Member

I've installed it. All is OK. The only question for now is where the sitemap.xml placed to submit it to Google Webaster Tools e.g.?:)
  9. Vasily_B.

You have your site installed let's say at dndigits.com. Sitemap should be available here:
    dndigits.com/sitemap.xml

Just make sure you configured your .htaccess correctly after plugin installation
  10. Hayk

Hayk New Member

It is done. Thanks:)
  11. Vasily_B.

no problem :) always at your services
  12. isabella2

isabella2 New Member

13. Vasily_B.

You can download .htaccess in Admin Panel ยป Configuration and upload it to script root directory.
    In URL like www.yoursitename.com/pub/articles you can change only 'pub'.
  14. isabella2

isabella2 New Member

Hi Sergey,

Does it mean that "articles" cannot be re-named? Is there a guide on how to change the .htaccess site on the forum?

Thanks.
  15. Vasily_B.

Hi Isabella,
    you understand it right, "articles" part cannot be renamed/removed from URL. Long time ago Publishing package (was known as xooArticles) has not only articles, but also subitems.
    I can tell you that "articles" will be removed in the next release of Publishing.
  16. isabella2

isabella2 New Member

Hi Sergey,

Any news about the possibility of re-naming the "articles" directory?

Thanks,
    Isabella.
  17. Vasily_B.

Hi Isabella,
    the "articles" part was removed in Publishing v1.5, it will be available for downloading in 2 days, check our downloads area.