Slider

Discussion in 'Article Script / Article Directory Script' started by Greg, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

2. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hi @Greg ,

Most likely we'll not implement New Articles block as slider in future versions of the Publishing package.

Anyway, in order to make any articles (New, Featured, Sponsored, Random, Latest, Popular, Sticky, Related, Most viewed, Most recent, Author) block as slider you need to:
    1) open the ../packages/publishing/templates/common/ folder and copy the block.new-articles.tpl file to the ../templates/YOUR_CURRENT_TEMPLATE/packages/publishing/ folder
    2) open the ../templates/YOUR_CURRENT_TEMPLATE/packages/publishing/block.new-articles.tpl file and add the code to the end of the file:
    Code (Javascript):
    {ia_add_js}
    $(function() {
        $('.new-articles').owlCarousel({
            items:6,
            margin:30,
            smartSpeed:450
        });
    });
    {/ia_add_js}
    where .new-articles can be changed to any class of articles container element; 6 can be changed to any needed number of displayed articles.
    3) open the ../templates/YOUR_CURRENT_TEMPLATE/layout.tpl file and replace the line of code:
    Code (Text):
    {ia_print_js files='_IA_TPL_app' order=999}
    with this line of code:
    Code (Text):
    {ia_print_js files='_IA_TPL_app,_IA_TPL_owl.carousel.min' order=999}
    olairmarcos likes this.
  3. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Thanks Andrew

Would you suggest to not use it?
  4. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @Greg ,
    I recommend you not to use the slider feature for 'New Articles' block as this feature is intended to highlight entries.

Please use this feature (slider) for Featured / Sponsored / Popular articles and etc. blocks.
  5. wabwirelevis

wabwirelevis New Member

Hello i want to have the slider in my site. I have tried the above procedure it aint working. Kindly help ASAP