Subrion 2.3.0 install error

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by mktg, Dec 28, 2012.

1. mktg

mktg New Member

I am trying a new install of Subrion 2.3.0 and I am getting a code error.

Notice: Use of undefined constant INTELLI_CONNECT - assumed 'INTELLI_CONNECT' in /home/net/propnet/includes/classes/ia.core.php on line 696 Warning: Couldn't load the class: 'core'.'INTELLI_CONNECT'
    /home/net/propnet/includes/classes/ia.core.intelli_connect.php in /home/net/propnet/includes/classes/ia.core.php on line 793 Fatal error: Call to a member function one_bind() on a non-object in /home/net/propnet/install/classes/ia.helper.php on line 111

Has any other user encountered this error? Should I open a ticket for this?

Note: I have also confirmed that this error is only in 2.3.0 by downloading a copy of 2.2.4 and it installed within seconds in the first attempt itself.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

That's very strange error. It seems there is a compatibility issue with your server. Please submit a ticket and we will investigate the issue. If possible please remove all the files from the directory and upload the new version and try again!

Noone has reported any similar issue and the version def. worked for most customers, so this is more a server specific issue.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
  3. mktg

mktg New Member

I just tested it on another server, and you are right about the compatibility issue. Subrion 2.3.0 installed fine on the other server.

Actually, the first server on which the error is happening is my Linux notebook on which I was installing Subrion locally for testing & trial. The second server (installed successfully) is my actual hosting account.

I am now guessing it has todo with Apache2 settings on my local server... something that affects only v2.3.0 and not v2.2.4
  4. mktg

mktg New Member

I have found the problem... it happens when the installation is unable to write to config.inc.php

My hosting server uses suphp so /includes folder is writeable even with 755 permission, but my notebook required 777 permissions on /includes folder.

I feel Subrion should use a different location for config.inc.php so includes folder should not be required to be 777ed. Alternatively, a simple approach is to just provide a sample config.inc.php and we could just enter the db user etc. in it directly.
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Thanks for sharing the details.

Please carefully check the last installation step ;) You will be surprised as it has both config.inc.php file content, button to download it, and button to view its content :)

So everything should work for the rest customers! Happy New Year!