Subrion CMS 1.0.00 Beta Has Been Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily B., Jun 3, 2008.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

I'm happy to announce now you can download Subrion CMS 1.0.00 Beta version. It's available in our downloads area. We have been working on this version for many months and now we are happy to introduce some of its key features.

1. Number One and what's the most important about Subrion CMS - flexibility = plugins & packages system. Subrion CMS can be used as a separate stand alone software for building sites but it is also a great platform for building any kind of sites by means of separate packages. Currently we are working on three packages: directory, publishing and auto classifieds

2. Template engine. It's not a secret Subrion CMS got some ideas from eSyndiCat directory software as it has recommended itself as a successful software. Subrion CMS uses Smarty as template engine and it's rather easy to integrate any design in it.

3. Multilingual platform - Subrion CMS is highly optimized to be used on any language. We use UTF 8 standard in our software and you can easily translate the software to any language

4. Easy DB management tool - Subrion CMS has its own DB management tool that would allow to manage data without any 3rd party applications

5. Easy Layout and Visual mode - now you do not need to edit your templates sources to change location of your boxes. If you wish to change blocks layout you simply use Visual Mode that implements drag-and-drop technology

6. Built-in accounts system. Subrion CMS core functionality has accounts system by default.

7. Favorites. Accounts can bookmark favorite items like other accounts, articles, listings, cars, subitems, categories, etc.

8. Built In Mailbox system. Accounts can send private messages to each other through a convenient Mailbox interface.

9. Menu Items editing. Now you can create your own menus and place them on any page you wish.

10. Manage Pages - you can create static or dynamic page and place a link to it in any available menu type.

11. Captcha. Flexible configuration

12. Manage Fields functionality. You can easily manage your account fields through an admin interface. Many field types including gallery, avatars, dates, etc.

and many many many more features included in the CORE package.

Subrion CMS Core Demo could be found here:

http://demo.subrion.com/

Packages functionality and plugins will be available within next few days.

If you have any questions you are welcome to ask them in our support forums
  2. dstemper

dstemper Member

Looking mighty sweet, can't wait to check it out.
  3. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

I agree. I have played around with just the core system. Just waiting for the packages and etc... to be released.

and
    This sounds really cool. :)

I wasn't aware of these Vasily. :)
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  4. Vasily_B.

Greg %) I can't believe you did not know about Visual Mode ;)

Menu Builder is a really new functionality that does not exist in eSyndiCat yet

Here is the quick demo prepared in Camtasia for you to see Manage Pages/Manage Menus functionality

http://www.subrion.com/videos/1.0/1.0.html
  5. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

I swear I didn't know this was possible (drag and drop). So all this time eSyndiCat 2.2 could do this?

I never saw this mentioned at eSyndiCat.

Anyway it's cool. I'll send you a PM.
  6. Vasily_B.

Yes, Greg.. Haven't you ever tried Visual Mode? I will be waiting for your PM, mate
  7. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

PM just sent. :)
  8. Vasily_B.