Subrion CMS 2.3.6 has been released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily B., Feb 22, 2013.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

Subrion 2.3.6 release is mainly dedicated to the installer and upgrade functionality of our software. We made a lot of improvements that will allow us make easier upgrades later.

Here is the changelog:
    Unfortunately this patch can not be applied in the same way like you applied the previous versions.

Upgrade instructions

1. make backup of your files + database
    2. Download from our website patch 2.3.5 to 2.3.6
    ____ READ CAREFULLY _____
    3. unpack it locally, upload the following file: updates\upgrade_v236.sql to your core updates folder
    4. go to admin panel -> manage database -> import, run this upgrade file
    ___
    5. Upload all the files from patch over your files.

That's all! The main point is to run SQL update file BEFORE files reupload!

Please let us know if you have more questions.
  2. smartpc

smartpc New Member

First attempt, downloaded update uploaded sql file ran in manage db, then uploaded patch files - white screen on front end (all plugins disabled running web directory package).

* looks more like a compatibility issue with last version of directory package, inputted categories and listings have disappeared in backend lists also, although still blank page on frontend with package deactivated.

Cant download plugins from sub....com download package has uploads/plugins folder but its empty, even though all plugins selected.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. Vasily_B.

Thanks for the detailed report.

Any chance for me to check this on your servers? Please PM me your details.

One advice here for the guys who update - please perform update on test copy, enable debug mode there.

Plugins issue fixed. Thanks!
  4. smartpc

smartpc New Member

Hi Vasily, running on wamp at present rewound update and reapplied same result, db update fine, file update white screen.

untouched install
    plugins updated
    directory package 2.3.2

Admin panel is accessible.

Code (Text):
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to parse resource name ""' in C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php:586 Stack trace: #0 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(111): Smarty_Internal_Template->__get('source') #1 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php(275): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, false, false) #2 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\tmp\front_default\5eb27af204a2e9a40daff056dcc08dc2d9568867.file.render-pre-block.tpl.php(149): Smarty_Internal_Template->getSubTemplate('', 'verytop4563', NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, 0) #3 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(165): content_511a9cb4e19f2(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(344): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('C:/wamp/www/bcs...', 'verytop4563', NULL, NULL, true) #5 C:\wamp\www\bcs234\i in C:\wamp\www\bcs234\includes\smarty3\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php on line 586
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. wazza

wazza Member

First off i would check any blocks/ template files that are in the "verytop" position.

Maybe try disabling all blocks then reactivating?
  6. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

Getting the same issue as someone else did on the upgrade. Site gives a white screen. At the same time cannot log into Admin Panel. Below is the Debug Info.

Edit: Clearing the Cache fixed the White page. But the Login / Registration at the top of the screen was missing and still couldn't log into admin (not recognizing credentials)

Main Page Gives:
    Code (Text):
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to parse resource name ""' in /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:586 Stack trace: #0 /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(111): Smarty_Internal_Template->__get('source') #1 /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(275): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, false, false) #2 /home/prairiev/public_html/tmp/front_default/b6b792b452cedf0f33daefd63253980e58d3924c.file.render-pre-block.tpl.php(149): Smarty_Internal_Template->getSubTemplate('', 'verytop9657', NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, 0) #3 /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(165): content_5121a9845223e(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(344): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/prairiev/...', 'verytop in /home/prairiev/public_html/includes/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 586
    Admin Login:
    Code (Text):
    User Warning: Unknown column 'u.usergroup_id' in 'on clause' SELECT u.*, g.`title` `group_name` FROM `su_accounts` u LEFT JOIN `su_usergroups` g ON (g.`id` = u.`usergroup_id`) WHERE (u.`username` = 'admin' OR u.`email` = 'admin') AND u.`password` = '2fdfbdcb13e734bde897b7600da860e8' LIMIT 1
    on line 212 in file includes/classes/ia.core.mysql.php
    Backtrace [7]

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$usergroup_id
    on line 176 in file includes/classes/ia.core.php
    Backtrace [3]

User Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 SELECT * FROM `su_config_custom` WHERE (`type` = 'user' AND `type_id` = 1) OR (`type` = 'group' AND `type_id` = )
    Backtrace [8]

on line 66 in file includes/classes/ia.core.acl.php
    Backtrace [4]

on line 233 in file includes/classes/ia.core.acl.php
    Backtrace [4]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

Backtrace [7]

on line 176 in file includes/classes/ia.core.php
    Backtrace [6]

User Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 SELECT * FROM `su_config_custom` WHERE (`type` = 'user' AND `type_id` = 1) OR (`type` = 'group' AND `type_id` = )
    Backtrace [11]
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

Definitely you did not run the SQL upgrade patch.
    Since you already uploaded the new files, please run the queries via phpMyAdmin or any similar tool (do not forget to replace the DB prefix firstly).

To be sure the SQL is correctly applied, the instructions could be executed one by one.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. Vasily_B.

smartpc, I'm sure there is an issue with the template. We have released the new version of directory, publishing scripts that are compatible with the new version.

Also if you use Segin template please update your template. 2.3.6 version is available in the templates section.

Let us know the results please.
  9. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

*slaps forehead* ... I'm such a n00b. I apologize. I really need to read instructions especially when it tells me ....

*face palm*
  10. Vasily_B.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question. We all made mistakes (this upgrade way sucks, and it totally depends on our own mistakes :(( ), don't worry!
  11. smartpc

smartpc New Member

Hi Vasily,

Problem solved, frontend white screen after upgrade was fixed with reupload of templates folder from whole 2.3.6 core. Listings and categories reappeared after upgrade of directory package.

*using default template.

If its any help started off as a fresh 2.3.4 core install then upgraded to 2.3.5 then 2.3.6

Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  12. Vasily_B.

Ohh, great. Thanks for the report, David.
  13. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

Well I did the upgrade in the correct order. Only remaining issue is the Navigation Bar is blank and the Login / Registration / Logout in the top right is no longer there. Uploaded the 2.3.6 templates. Same issue. Repalced with my old templates. same issue :-/
  14. smnetworks

smnetworks New Member

Hi Vasily, I first imported the SQL file and imported the files. When using the default template all is OK; however my custom template needs adjusting to the new format. I'm getting a "white screen."
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  15. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

smnetworks,

please create a ticket and attach your template or your FTP access details.
    We will let you know how to fix the problem.
  16. Vasily_B.

Guys, we made some changes in our template system. The main issues are related to render-menu.tpl file and box-header, box-footer. Please backup your template render-menu.tpl file and then delete it from your template folder.
    Templates should start working again, I suppose.
  17. bodyguard

bodyguard New Member

Hi,
    How can i find 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 patch? I couldn't see anywhere..
    I have just upgraded to 2.3.5 on admin panel. Now,I'm looking to 2.3.6 patch..
    Can you give me a link for download?
    Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  18. smnetworks

smnetworks New Member

19. bodyguard

bodyguard New Member

20. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

You can see the list of patches under "Misc" tab. Please check it.