Subrion CMS 3.2.6 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily_B., Feb 3, 2015.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

Only two weeks passed and we have a new version for you with some cool improvements & fixes for some issues. Meet free open source cms - Subrion 3.2.6! Here is the changelog:
    Here is the link to the details of the release: http://dev.subrion.org/versions/109

Upgrade:
    ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR DB + FILES

Though we do try to make upgrades as easy as possible. Upgrade is easy, simply run auto updater in your Admin Dashboard - you should not have any issues. Anyhow, if by some unlucky coincidence you do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Cheers
    HomeOffice likes this.
  2. media

media New Member

I have upgraded today, and had one problem even this file wasn't modified (ERROR The checksum is not equal: admin/templates/default/templates.tpl (seems modified). Skipped)

But after upgrade I upload the fresh templates.tpl from 3.2.6 and overwrite the file...

Everything is fine and dandy.... :)

Good job Subrion TEAM....
  3. Vasily_B.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yep, you followed the correct way - if some files are not overwritten you can either:
    1. Leave them as is. In this case you might probably have some problems with the new functionality or fixes.
    2. Overwrite the files in case you're sure you didn't touch them
    3. Manually merge this file with the files from a new downloaded core

We highly recommend to keep your core updated! Thanks!
  4. HomeOffice

HomeOffice New Member

@Vasily_B, it's only today, AT...THIS...SECOND...that I've finally overcome my total resistance to the idea of the CMS site/user mgmt. process. I mean, Wordpress was not an option I wanted to invest any time on. I don't really care how many millions of people swear up-and-down by it. I just wanted nothing to do with it (personal preferences). In MY case, I wanted something that was going to not just up and disappear on me in a few years time (like the BRILLIANT Webmatic 3.1.1 which, for some reason, experienced a sudden forum slowdown as I was just starting to get my semi-interested lurk in on...oh, yeh, and happened to suffer from a gigantic Blind SQL Injection exploit) and kind of stick out like a sore thumb (in a GOOD way). This commitment is about the last five years coming. I've reviewed THOUSANDS of Content Management Systems - filtering out some of the most surprising ones of the whole process to isolate and vivisect at a time when I have the luxury of pure, corporately-subsidized (lol!) coding concentration. I can see that there's a little learning curve, but it's ok, 'cuz I catch on fast. Thanks again, @Vasily_B for helping me break my phobia...
  5. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Doctor Vasily :)
    Vasily_B. and HomeOffice like this.
  6. Vasily_B.

@HomeOffice, you're welcome. More things to come in our new versions.