Subrion CMS 3.3.0 is ready!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily_B., Mar 10, 2015.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

We are happy to announce the release of Subrion CMS 3.3.0! It's intended to be 3.2.8 but we implemented some features that affected our core structure significantly, so 3.3.0 version better reflects the character of our changes in this release.

So what we have new in our updated core. Check the full list of our changes:
    Here is the link to our roadmap, as usually.

I would like to outline some changes:
    - updated 3rd party libraries (phpFastCache, hljs)
    - RTL support right in the box
    - improved languages section and easier/more logical access to phrases
    - custom .tpl file for pages (just like for blocks)
    - native opengraph support (we've implemented it for View Member, View Blog pages)

The changes above make the development easier as well as add convenience to the content management. I'm sure you will like the changes.

Upgrade:
    We've prepared a patch, anyhow it's not been activated yet as we made some core changes in our template files so we want to be sure all our templates/packages/plugins are 100% compatible. So we only recommend to use 3.3.0 if you start a website from scratch! Upgrade will be available soon. We will announce it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Andrew_G., Gleb_S. and pagliaso like this.
  2. Vasily_B.

Hi all,

Great news here. We've just pushed the new version to github repository. So now you can easily get the copy by using git command:
    Subrion free directory CMS at github: https://github.com/intelliants/subrion
  3. msslem

msslem New Member

Hello,

I have updated my blog but I faced an issue with Language encoding !!

The site now is unreadable. I can read the Dashboard language but not the site.
    Could you please tell me where I can change the template encoding?

Thanks in advance
  4. msslem

msslem New Member

I have a backup of template folder so I replaced the new one with the old one but nothing happen.
    :(
  5. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

We have problems to, AGAIN. Upgraded www.cretefocus.com, and the site is simply not visible any longer. Why does this always seem to happen, and always on a week-end???
  6. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

This is really unacceptable. Update failed (we have yet to get the first update that works without hassle!) tried to reinstall the old version from backup and we are now totally locked out from both ends. The system does not recognize any of the admin logins, the front end is not visible to anybody. And we are gleefully told that "the guys will not be able to do anything until Monday". Advise to all: DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE!!!!
  7. Vasily_B.

@Eleanna,
    You need to use the backup (which is recommended) in order to recover your website.

In regards to updates, we use THE SAME upgrade system, including HIGHLY customized subrion.com / subrion.org websites (as well as a bunch of other highly customized projects) and they all work. I don't understand why you have the same issues with upgrades again and again. Probably it's better to have a local copy and perform upgrade locally at first, and once you make sure it works go with the real version.
  8. msslem

msslem New Member

AHA,
    this is the first time I face issue with upgrade and I don't why?
    DO you have any advice to start with for the encoding issue?

Thanks,,,
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. Vasily_B.

10. media

media New Member

So Vasily,
    As you mention above do not upgrade until the announcement...! But our Subrion is showing upgrade notification on our local machine, should we go upgrade or still WAIT for your announcement????

Second question: Is this version compatible with Article script (latest version)????
  11. Vasily_B.

Hi @media

We are still in the process of updating our packages, 2 of them have been updated. Now working on the rest packages and some plugins. Once they all are updated we will inform here.

Thanks for asking.
    media likes this.
  12. media

media New Member

Still working on it????
  13. Vasily_B.

Yes, meanwhile we released one more version that provides packages compatibility with the latest version. We've decided to add more features in each package release, besides adaptation for the latest version of our core. So it takes more time.