suggestion: google translate Plugin

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by starnetwork, Oct 1, 2009.

1. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

Hi,
    add google translation Plugin can help users read the articles in 28 difference languages and add very high value to Subrion CMS - Articles Script
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi, we will discuss such plugin. Personally I don't like thous translate programs.
  3. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

It's not perfect, not even close to be, and I also like that everything's perfect, but it's a good option and simple unnecessarily to bring resources to users in different languages
    (also very good for SEO Because it doubles in 28 the content that you have your site)
  4. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

Hi,
    any decision ?
  5. Vasily_B.

not yet. now we are working to release the new version. may be later we will make such plugin
  6. Vasily_B.

I'm burn with desire to make this plugin ASAP, so you will be able to test it soon.
  7. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

8. Vasily_B.

it's very easy to add the widget that will translate the full page. I'll try to make a plugin that will translate only the article text.

P.S. Translated result doesn't affect on SEO, I've read this somewhere. Unfortunately I cannot find a proof link on google.com now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  9. Vasily_B.

I've finished with the plugin. It name is 'Google Translate', 51 languages available now.
    By the way, translation process is going on server side, so search crawlers will index the article for all available languages.
    Please test it and share your experience with us.
  10. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

11. Vasily_B.

In the current version only article body is translated, this is for compatibility with all Subrion versions. And languages displays as a list for SEO.
  12. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

in next versions translation will be also for title ?
    about the seo, it's can't be displayed as list and and drop down as same ul li structure ?

buy anyway, its look good and it's work!
    thanks for your grate job!
  13. Vasily_B.

version 1.1 translates the titles, you can download it from our site
  14. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

15. Vasily_B.

sorry, guys didn't updated the plugin on our site yesterday and you are using the old version. we'll update it today. Please check the plugin version before install it, it should be 1.1
  16. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

Perfect!
  17. starnetwork

starnetwork New Member

Question: this can work with site-map plugin ?
    (so site map can record all langs urls in site-map file)
  18. Vasily_B.

no, sitemap plugin was written earlier and doesn't collect URLs for google translator plugin.