Surbion.com Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily B., Sep 22, 2008.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings

Well, first of all I would like to sorry for getting behind the deadline. Every day I told you 'guys it will be ready tomorrow' but we found new and new things to improve and it took 2 weeks more to prepare a beta version of our Subrion.com updated site. So what has been updated:

1. Manage Domains - now you can request a domain to be deleted. Here you can see all the domains you have

2. Manage Products - now you can track how many domains you can use the script on and assign your domains to an appropriate package. TODO here: there should be a possibility to add domain names on this page as well

3. Download page has the major part of improvements. Now you don't need to download separately core, packages and plugins. You can use our downloads wizard and choose components you really need and download them in one package. One addition here planned: allow to choose ZIP or TAR.GZ format for downloaded package.

4. Shopping Cart to order packages separately. We will also make a bundled version that will contain all the packages in one.

Also, we have ONE license for all the packages. So now you should use just one license id and you can install it on all the domains you paid for. That's the most convenient part I think.

Besides, we have a bunch of changes related to optimization, speed, etc. I hope you will like the new site :)

It's possible some of you will have problems with domains and products. Please contact our sales department and I will fix all the problems for you. I need to know your

full name:
    account username:
    transaction id:
    domain(s) you paid for:

Thanks for understanding. We work for you. Good luck
  2. Hayk

Hayk New Member

Good to see, Vasily:) Hope we will have a stable and fully featured release of Subrion too. Waiting for new releases:)

P.S. There is a warning at Shopping Cart.

HTML:
    Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/subrion/public_html/cart.php on line 104
  3. dstemper

dstemper Member

No Lewt for YOU!

The rate plugin was downloadable as were the article package.
  4. Vasily_B.

Hayk thanks for the report about that bug. I have just fixed it.

About release.. We are testing the version and we hope to release it on Thursday :) Thanks for your patience.
  5. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

I get this message when I go to downloads area.
  6. Vasily_B.

Please check now Greg. There was a problem with your account privileges. Now you should see all the packages and downloads area
  7. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Thanks Vasily

By the way, that Downloads Wizard is cool. :cool:
    First chance I had a to see it.
  8. Vasily_B.

Thanks Greg. BTW, the version has been release. We are testing the packages. All the rest will be released on Monday. You can download the RC version in downloads section under Core Versions.
  9. dstemper

dstemper Member

Is the new release just basically bug fixes or are there any new features?
  10. Vasily_B.

I will make a new announcement thread about new features, David. Give me few minutes.