Tags like WordPress besides the categories?

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by subrionfan, Jul 15, 2015.

1. subrionfan

subrionfan New Member

Wondering if this feature was added to subrion? Or any plugin for this? Thank you.
  2. Ernest_S.

Ernest_S. New Member

3. subrionfan

subrionfan New Member

Sorry for the late reply. But I think this is just a cloud tag, which is not what I need. I need to display tags on each directory item just like WordPress posts, similar to this one:
    http://ipinprotheme.com/pin/118/
    From that item, you can see the two tags, which are: animation, movie
  4. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @subrionfan ,

Tagcloud plugin includes the functionality you requested.
    It seems that you haven't activated Tagcloud plugin for listings (item of the Web Directory package). You can do it in the Subrion Admin Panel -> System -> Miscellaneous -> Tagcloud Configuration section -> check (tick) the 'List of items tagcloud is enabled for' config -> click on 'Save Changes' button. Please look at attached screenshot to better understand this process.

Then you'll just need to add the needed tags to the listings on Add / Edit Listing page.

Hope this will help you.

Please ask in case you have any questions.

Attached Files:

Greg likes this.
  5. subrionfan

subrionfan New Member

Wow, thanks Andrew! That option is indeed hidden. Have a great day!
  6. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

7. subrionfan

subrionfan New Member

8. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @subrionfan,

>1. Although the tags are visible, they are not clickable? Please refer to this image snapshot link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73855680/get-support/subrion/tags-not-clickable.png

I tried to reproduce it, but found that Tagcloud plugin doesn't work at all for Subrion CMS version 3.3.5
    And I created a ticket http://dev.subrion.org/issues/2249

>2. Is there a way to display the Tag Cloud block to the pages in Subrion?

I'll answer this question once plugin's updated.

Thanks.
  9. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @subrionfan,

Tag cloud plugin has been updated and released. You can upgrade it from Admin panel.

>2. Is there a way to display the Tag Cloud block to the pages in Subrion?

By the defult, Tag Cloud plugin creates a block named Tag Cloud in which several tags are displayed. You can change the visibility of the block by clicking on edit button (pen icon) and configure it.

Thanks.
  10. quirkmedia

quirkmedia New Member

Hi

Not sure if I am doing something wrong. I uninstalled the old plugin and installed the latest.

I can add tags to my listings and they do appear in my listings but they are not clickable and I don't see tags in any block I tried to put them in.

Any suggestions?
  11. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @quirkmedia,

I've just checked this plugin on local installation and couldn't find anything strange. Could you please submit a ticket in our helpdesk with URL of your website and FTP access (host, username, password), so we can investigate the issue and fix it.

Thanks.
  12. quirkmedia

quirkmedia New Member

I just mentioned this in an existing ticket regarding customizations to my site being done by Andrew. Hopefully he can take care of this for me :)

Thanks
  13. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Having a bit of a problem. The tag cloud is on the block but the tags aren't appearing on the article.

What I did:
    Am using the Article Script.
    Installed Tag Cloud Plugin
    Went to System/Miscellaneous/Tagcloud Configuration/List of items tagcloud is enabled for
    (checked) Articles - Save Changes

tag.jpg
    Then I put some tags in an article. Save

edit article.jpg

The block on the front end shows up OK.

block.jpg

But nothing appears on the Article itself.

article.jpg

Did I do something wrong or forget to do something? I tried this over a dozen times (on local) and the same result.
    :confused:

Thanks
  14. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

@Gleb_S.
    @Andrew
    @Dayir_A.
    OK - I screwed up (nothing new :() But I can now see the tags on the view article page. :)

view_can't link.jpg

However just like @quirkmedia :
    Mine also are not a link/clickable on the view article page (the block is OK). I hope somebody can help before the weekend.

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  15. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Looking through the tag cloud files, I saw this in index.tpl
    Code (Text):
    <div class="ia-items">
        <div class="tag-page clearfix">
        {foreach $tags as $tag}
            <a href="{$tag.url}" style="font-size: {$tag.size}px;">{$tag.tag}</a>
        {/foreach}
        </div>
    </div>
    But nothing in list.tpl
    Code (Text):
    <div class="ia-items">
        {foreach $items as $item}
            <div class="media ia-item ia-item-bordered">
                {if !empty($item.title)}
                    {ia_url item=$type data=$item type='link' text=$item.title}
                {/if}

{foreach $fields as $field}
                    {if 'plan_id' != $field.name}
                        {include file='field-type-content-view.tpl' wrappedValues=true}
                    {/if}
                {/foreach}

<div class="ia-item-panel">
                    {ia_url item=$type data=$item type='icon' classname='btn-info'}

{if $member}
                        {printFavorites item=$item itemtype=$type classname='btn btn-sm btn-info'}
                        {accountActions item=$item itemtype=$type classname='btn btn-sm btn-info'}
                    {/if}
                </div>
            </div>
        {/foreach}
    </div>
    So, I don't see how they are made into clickable links ion the view article page ?:confused:
    I'm surprised this is the only thread for this plugin. Maybe other users don't have this problem or very few use it.
  16. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

@Vasily_B. suggested that I use this plugin instead of a bunch of categories. It's much better for seo. So, any chance I can get a little help? or should I just forget about using it?
  17. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @Greg,

We have this issue in the system. As you know plugin was upgraded from Subrion 3.x so it possible that there are still compatibility issues. We'll check it and fix in the next releases.
    https://github.com/intelliants/subrion-plugin-tagcloud/issues/1
    Currently we are busy with custom modifications (as always :) ) and working on next release of Subrion CMS.

Thanks.
    Andrew_G. likes this.