Transferring Directory To A New Host

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by brainegg, Dec 17, 2008.

1. brainegg

brainegg New Member

I was wondering what the "best procedure" was for transferring my already established directories to a new host. Should I re-setup the script from the beginning and then upload the MySQL databased through the administrator panel? I've tried transferring scripts before and something always seems to go wrong with the setting. Especially for the location settings.
  2. brainegg

brainegg New Member

Oops. I meant to post this in the Esyndicat forums.
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

:)) well, the procedure is very similar

if your both servers have cPanel you can do a full backup and then simply restore it from your cPanel

or you can do that manually:

1. copy all your files to a new server
    2. set correct writable permissions
    3. make a dump of your database and import in your new DB
    4. change includes/config.inc.php file with the new values
    5. make few changes in config table to display correct URL value

That's all in general. There can be also some specific issues related to servers
  4. Paul69

Paul69 New Member

Let me know if you still need help

I will more than happy to to help you for free

Thanks
    Paul
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your activity here. Anyway, the post seems to be VERY obsolete :)
    12-17-2008

Anyway, I hope we will have more new active members - we have some kind of superb plans how to make this place as popular as eSyndiCat forums are.
  6. Paul69

Paul69 New Member

I am not expert programer but i love to help out. If any of the forum people need help i will be more than happy where ever i can

Looking forward to download new version of yellowpages today

Thanks
    Paul
    FreeYellowPages.ca
  7. IoanIancu

IoanIancu New Member

If you are moving the virtual machine to a new host and have a network connection between the original host machine and the new host, you are finished with the preparations on the original host. Otherwise, you need to have a way of moving the virtual disk (.vmdk) files from the virtual machine's directory to the new host. You could move them to a shared network directory, for example, or burn them to CD-ROMs if they are not too large......;)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012