Translate and get a bonus!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Vasily_B., Mar 2, 2015.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

It's the right time to make Subrion CMS speak in your own language. We would be grateful if you could help us translate it into different languages. As a fact of appreciation we would like to offer $100 value discount coupon code for any software purchase here if you translate the software to your language.

Anyhow you get much more than a discount here, you get sincere thanks from thousand of webmasters all over the world who use Subrion CMS. Subrion 3.2.7 has been downloaded 5k+ times since its release a couple of weeks ago.

At the moment we are working on these translations:
    1. Russian
    2. Spanish
    3. German
    4. French

If you have any ideas please let us know!
    Thanks in advance!
    Gleb_S. likes this.
  2. pagliaso

pagliaso New Member

Hi,

That is good news!

Can I share in here, from a discussion in other Open Source project that I follow with multilingual requirements (ERPNext) the options they were considering?

1.- crowdin.com - They have a completely free plan for Open Source projects like Subrion

2.- http://weblate.org - I think it integrates nicely with Git.

3.- https://frappe.io/translator - At the end they developed their own with Frappe framework (https://github.com/frappe/translator/)

Having said that, I would be delighted to help with Spanish translations

Thanks and kind regards,

Alberto
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  3. Vasily_B.

Thanks for your ideas, Alberto. We used to try to transifex but unfortunately it did not fit well :(
    It seems crowdin project might be a solution for us. I've created a project there and requested open source license access. Once they approve it, I will share the details here.

Thanks for the input, Alberto. Meanwhile you can start working on the translation in your current installation.

BTW, we have a lot of improvements in regards to languages in the upcoming patch.

1. Phrases are now easier to access
    phrases.png

2. Languages can be edited separately
    languages.png

So languages management is getting easier and it's the right time to think about generating correct translation for the phrases :)
  4. msslem

msslem New Member

Hello,

Good move.

First of all, I can't find pharse in the menu!

Second thing, I tried to download the file to edit it in the Excel program but I couldn't since it came in one column.

Is there any way to edit it in Excel or any program a way from the site?

Best Regards,,,
  5. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Yes, it will be available in the upcoming release only!

Well, I suppose you need to use vertical pipe | as separator, instead of comma.
  6. pagliaso

pagliaso New Member

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking forward to the new patch and language improvements, as one of the reasons I am choosing Subrion is for the easy and handy it was to add a new languaje and translate the first chains when I started to play with it a couple of months ago.

Regards,

Alberto
  7. Vasily_B.

Thanks Alberto, just got the reply from these guys at crowdin - they won't give us a license as we have subrion.com project :) Kinda strange, anyhow that's their right and choice. We will try to find another solution that meets our requirements.
  8. pagliaso

pagliaso New Member

Uhm! Sorry

There will be more probably.

Regards,

Alb
  9. Vasily_B.

Now negotiating possibility with the transifex team, already got one request to translate to Turkish :) We do hope they will approve our submission so we can start translation it asap.

Thanks for your interest to this.
    Gleb_S. likes this.
  10. gioalba1

gioalba1 New Member

Hi,
    If you want i can try traslate csm language and coupons script in italian language.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  11. Vasily_B.

Greetings,

Thanks to all. We've finally chosen the service that can help us with the translation:
    https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/subrion-cms/

Please join there, now we are preparing a language file there, and we will upload it within 48 hours so we all can start working on the translation.

I've just uploaded the file in the appropriate format. Welcome to translate, once we translate a lang file we will create a tool to port the exported translation to the subrion language file format!

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    teletin_andrei and Gleb_S. like this.
  12. andreas

andreas New Member

Hello,
    I'm just a brand new user of your very nice CMS System.
    I come from Germany
    and I will also help you to translate to German (de_DE)
    & Danish (da_DK) language.
    I ve just made account on transifex.
    After first installment your cms was looklike a lit like Prestashop in Admin for me o_O.

Now I have in Upgrade Wizard also the message "Please log in as an administrator to proceed." !!
    And I'm trying to find out whats going on...
    Maybe why I have made new language and set this as prior language.
    English language is deactivated & it still loads the page in english... with (http://domain/en/) ... hmm

... I need to familiarize myself more with the system in the next few days.
    Nevertheless subrion seems to run very stable and it makes me a good impression.
    So far for now.
  13. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Quite willing to do a bit here, so signed up to Transifex. Other than English, I speak French, Dutch and of course Greek fluently. But there is only French language resource file available. I would obviously prefer to do the Greek one first... How do you or I add Greek to the resources?
  14. Arsbin

Arsbin New Member

15. ivanvieira

ivanvieira New Member

Vasily_B.,

I uploaded the file with the complete translation in Portuguese, Brazil two days ago. I trust in the potential of Subrion CMS, so thought it would be valid to participate.

Phrases still appears as not reviewed, I believe that you have to interact in some way in the Transifex site to approve the translations.

Regards,
  16. Vasily_B.

Hi @ivanvieira

Thanks for the translation. I granted reviewer privileges for you, so you can easily review the phrases yourself.

Thanks a lot.
  17. ivanvieira

ivanvieira New Member

@Vasily_B.

Please let me know if the branch 4.0 will continue with the translation system by Transifex and its plugin, and if there is already a way to contribute with the translation in my language.

Regards,
  18. Vasily_B.

Yes, we will merge the translation and update the transifex language file with the new phrases. Next week we release 4.0.2, and I guess it's the version that's going to be imported in Transifex.

Thanks!
    Andrew_G. likes this.
  19. Hostingwolf

Hostingwolf New Member

Hi

I will join the project on Transisex for the French. There are a lot of errors and some PHP chains are broken.
  20. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Thanks for your help, @Hostingwolf .

It will be really appreciated by our team and community.
    Hostingwolf likes this.