Upgrade plugins version 2.3.1 and configurations panel control.

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by olairmarcos, Jan 17, 2013.

1. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hello,
    We are eager to buy a license from subrion articles and would like to know if the plugins listed below will be updated to version 2.3.1?

Tell a friend
    Pretty Photo
    fancyBox
    Personal Blog
    Youtube Video
    Availability calendar
    Blacklist
    Events
    Bad Words filter

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subrion version 2.3.1

We tested the version 2.3.1 free and we are sure will be a great Subrion CMS. I would suggest some modifications to make the Subrion even better.

Plugin News:
    We configure the plugin to display 5 news items on page and 3 in latest news items. When we access the news items is shown 5 on page. In latest news is also shown 5 items and items not 3 as it is configured in the control panel. This leaves the site mangled and ugly. Lateste should show in the news that was configured in the control panel.

[​IMG]
    latest-news por MarcosCC2013, no Flickr

Control panel administration

We configure a new user group called the manager. To test adjusted the permissions administration panel for the group manager does not have access to any option control panel. Still is still shown some options in the control panel for the user group can see details of the settings without permission. This case should not see any option for the user to see. See the images below.

[​IMG]
    config-control-panel por MarcosCC2013, no Flickr

Manager usergroup Panel Control Administration

[​IMG]
    manager-control-panel por MarcosCC2013, no Flickr

In the picture above should not see any configuration option for the group manager.

Plugin Banners:
    The plugin is very important to promote advertising on the site. But it is extremely important that the system be able to rotate banners on the block. Could a change so that the plugin can rotate different banners banners in the same block?

Plugin Pretty Photo/fancyBox
    How does the plugin and how can I deploy the text content of the site?
    So far I could not find a way to make the plugin work.

Plugin Pool:
    The poll plugin does not work properly. Only the first user is computed on the total votes. Is it due to users using the same IP? In this case countless users can not vote for using the same IP to connect to the internet. Or is it a bug?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Greetings!

Most of the plugins are updated already and work with the latest 2.3.1 version.

The new version of events plugin will be released today.

Availability calendar will be updated on the next week.

The rest of the plugins works fine.

The problem with the news plugin will be fixed shortly.

About permissions: we will check the problem and inform you on the time estimate to fix the problem.

Banners plugin should change the banners when you open a new page of the site. If you want the banners to be rotated on a single page, please let us know. We will upgrade the plugin.

Plugin Pretty Photo/fancyBox. It works automatically for any image, youtube video, etc.
    You just need to add 'rel="ia_lightbox"' parameter to the link.
    For example, this code will open youtube video in popup window when you click on the link:
    HTML:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56gFGugF65" rel="ia_lightbox">Youtube Video</a>

Polls plugin. Yes, the plugin take in consideration IP address of a voter. If you have already voted from your IP you wouldn't be allowed to vote again for the next 24 hours, AFAIK.
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

Just a quick note:
    It also works by default for all image/image gallery field types. You can make just one plugin active at a time.
  4. Gleb_S.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  5. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hello Vasily B,
    I appreciate the responses posted on the forum.
    I have one more question about the purchase of licenses for installation of multiple sites with Subrion.
    My interest is to develop sites with CMS Subrion and wonder if you allow this fantastic CMS to develop websites for other companies.
    In this case I wonder if it is necessary to purchase a license for each domain separately or should I buy an unlimited use license to use the package articles. I am currently developing sites with Joomla CMS and would like to switch to CMS Subrion.
    For an installation of CMS Articles Directory Subrion need an unlimited license to install on the same domain + subdomain. I need to buy two licenses?
    I await your response. Thank you.
  6. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

Subrion core itself is a FREE open source software, we only sell packages as you understand. You are only allowed to use packages on the domains you purchased a license for. You can use your license for the customers websites, but your license should reflect this. In your case unlimited domains license would work well ;) Thanks in advance.

License is granted to a domain name, all subdomains are allowed to be under the same one domain license. No worries here.

Let us know if you have more questions.
  7. Gleb_S.

olairmarcos,

I've checked the news plugin and it works fine. When setting "Number of displayed news in Latest News" to 1 it displays only 1 entry. Please check it again if your configuration values are correct.

Also please check if you have the latest version of the plugin (it's v2.2.3 for now).

Let me know if you still have any problems with this.