Version 4.1

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by CKENT, Feb 21, 2017.

1. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Hello I noticed that Subrion 4.1 is now available for download on the site. I downloaded and did a fresh install on a new site. I am tinkering with it a bit but I noticed no plugins are available, and when uploading any of the packages it does not give me the option to install. Any idea when plugins will be available and why it wont let me install packages, such as Publishing?

Overall I don't see a huge difference yet but again, I just started playing with it this morning and just got back to it a few minutes ago. The plugin & packages area is definitely different.

I also noticed an image types config area, what is this for?
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

3. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

And regarding Image types:
    This new configuration option allows you to set specific image type and dimensions for any available item.
    Eg: you want a wide image (1600x800) for your autos item to appear on view page. You create new image type and assign it to your Autos Photos field. Then you can print this image using {ia_image} (https://github.com/intelliants/subrion/wiki/Smarty-custom-functions#ia_image)

Thanks.
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @CKENT

Let me join the discussion. We indeed implemented a lot of internal changes, not visible at first glance. They are generally about the multilingual functionality. Now fields can be multilingual, including text/textarea fields.
    Blocks/menus titles can be translated as well. Config is translatable. Etc.

Anyhow, here is one more significant change we've done in this version. We standardized controllers for admin dashboard, as we had several ways in previous version due to a number of refactoring from version to version. We had one code for plugins, another one for packages, etc. Now plugins work the packages way, and when we implement improvements for packages, they get immediately delivered for plugins as well. What it gives in a result - we can develop plugins faster. We can have items in plugins as well, so when we need a new plugin, anything that goes under CRUD (create/read/update/delete) can be created with a few lines.

Another cool thing added - that's RESTful API core that could be used to create SPA & mobile applications.

Here is one more link that gives a better idea on features:
    https://dev.subrion.org/versions/150

Thanks
    Gleb_S. likes this.
  5. soserec

soserec New Member

hi there,

I downloaded the 4.1.0 and was trying out some of the features.
    After installing the gmap_4.0.3, the frontend of the 4.1.0 stop working.
    Nothing is been displayed. It is just blank.

Thanks.
  6. Vasily_B.

Hi @soserec

Please pay attention to plugins compatibility. You can check this on View Plugin page:
    https://subrion.org/plugin/gmap.html
    in Archive tab. As you see it only supports 4.0.5 version.

At the moment we have not updated many plugins for the latest version, but we will release some this week.

Cheers
  7. soserec

soserec New Member

hi @vasily,
    Thanks. I will take note on this.
  8. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Also, I noticed on the default template "Kickstart" the option to "Enable custom colors and backgrounds" doesnt work, changing the items in that section has no effect. But I can go down to the navigation bar area and change them there.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  9. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Is there any update as to when the articles package will be updated. Would like to tinker with it and 4.1. I have a new site going up soon so I would like to play with it a bit before it launches.
  10. Vasily_B.

Hi @CKENT

Yes, working on this. Hope to make it ready by Friday.

Thanks
  11. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Thank you Vasily, great work as always
  12. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Here are a few more quick notes,
    Version 4.1.1 clean install, admin will not load gets stuck at loading awesome stuff. Have to install 4.1 then upgrade to 4.1.1 get it to work, tried it twice.

Also I see there is no way to assign a member group through a plan? I dont know if this is supposed to be in in the Options area of creating a plan but that section is completely blank. --- SCRATCH THAT Leaving this here for others that may have this issue..... Look for "Change usergroup to ... after plan change" that should change plan usergroup to what ever based upon plan I believe. However, it would be nice to have a change usergroup to xxx after plan has expired I see that you can change it to expired but that doesnt really change the group from say sponsored to Registered after expiration.

Also patiently awaiting the articles package for a new site launch. My Spouse and daughter finally asked me for something they can put together and promote.
  13. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I tried to reproduce the issue with the installation, 4.1.1 installation worked fine for me :( Is there any chance to check this on your website directly?
    Please share your FTP details via ticket system, we will check.

Regarding the sponsored usergroups... Here is the plan, we release 4.1.2 & 4.1.3 with minor issues, bugfixes for known minor issues and once it's ready we start working on the release, 100% dedicated to plans section. Here is what we have so far:
    https://github.com/intelliants/subrion/milestone/8

Your request is absolutely reasonable so we will include it in the release as well.

Thanks

P.S. If you have any idea = please welcome to share them on official issue tracker at github
  14. Helang_IT

Helang_IT New Member

Thought I might share a little love...

Place this code at the top of any html page (use Source view), before your first <p>...</p> tag.

Insert your own API code after "key=" . (The one below is the same as being used by the contact_us page, but it works for now, starting "AIza...Cc".)

Code (Text):

<style type="text/css">#map {
      text-align: center;
      margin-left: auto;
      margin-right: auto;
      width: 75%;
      height: 250px;
      background-color: grey;
      }
    </style>
    <div id="map">&nbsp;
    </div>
    <script>
      function initMap() {
        var location = {lat: 51.477883, lng: 0.000000};
        var marker = {lat: 51.477883, lng: 0.000000}
        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
          zoom: 15,
          center: location,
          // mapTypeId values: 'roadmap', 'satellite', 'hybrid' or 'terrain'
          mapTypeId: 'roadmap'
        });
        var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
          position: marker,
          map: map
        });
      }
    </script>
    <script async defer
            src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyCZiuPhCJ4MsjhcPARMd5wFPVFtFtdOgCc&callback=initMap">
    </script>
    <p>&nbsp;
    </p>
    <p>Home of the Greenwich Meridian at the Royal Observatory.
    </p>
    <p>Longitude 000 Degrees E/W.
    </p>

Enjoy :)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  15. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Any word on the Paypal plugin for 4.1 and the articles package. I've been checking for for the article package and for new plugins every day have not seen them come available yet.
  16. Vasily_B.

Hi @CKENT

We release subrion 4.1.2 tomorrow, it will be released with Articles package & paypal plugin. What template would you like to use on your website?

Thanks
  17. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Good deal. I am playing around with kickstart right now and customizing. There really are not a bunch of templates for the articles/publishing script. But it would be nice for the Magazine and Creative templates to be available. Might make a bit less customizing for me.
  18. contacto.bitcard

contacto.bitcard New Member

Hello, sorry if it is not the place to ask this, with the new 4.1 I noticed that when you access the profile / it appears a text that says: No activities at the moment ..my question hes to which activities is concerned, or what kind of information is the one that will be shown and when? Thanks to any help!
  19. Vasily_B.

Hi @contacto.bitcard

This activity is reserved for packages & some plugins. It should be a wall of actions for the user, not 100% ready in the core system itself.

Thanks

P.S. @CKENT we found one issue with articles counters, so we have not released the version. Hope to fix it asap.
  20. CKENT

CKENT New Member

Any updates, I would like to launch the new site soon, cant do it without the publishing/articles script