What does it mean "Petal", this is English?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TurXaliM, Sep 3, 2007.

1. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

What does it mean "Petal", this is English?

I don't been understand the words as
    Petal
    Wanna

Can you explain me these words, what does these mean :confused:
  2. LorenGK

LorenGK Member

LOL

Petal, is the beautiful part that makes up a flower :) It's a term of endearment :D
  3. SergeF

SergeF New Member

TurXaliM, wanna = want to

had no clue on `petal's` meaning as well :)
  4. SergeF

SergeF New Member

btw, does it matter whether it's said by male or female?
  5. LorenGK

LorenGK Member

Serge you should have asked!

Well I think if a man says petal to another man that would be rather risky unless you were that way inclined :)

No problem with saying it to a woman though.

However, this terminology is very rare in England that I am aware of and something I seem to say to people a lot, to show my appreciation and to be different.

Where it originates I don't know, maybe because my mother used to say when I was a girl, "mon petit chouchou" Which when I asked her was a small cabbage...I would have liked better to be a petal :eek: However in trying to remember the spelling, it has come to my attention that "mon petit chouchou" means something else, chou à la crème so that's a relief! course it would have been nice that my mother had told me this, I have had complex ever since about being a small cabbage! :D
  6. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

Thanks

Thank you

Mon petit chouchou, this is French and I'm Turkish but i live in France since 5years.
    Mon petit chouchou=My little baby (or means My Little amiable(or treasure)).

Sorry for My English
  7. LorenGK

LorenGK Member

My mom was French, and when she was small and that's going back over 80 years ago now, it probably only had one or two meanings...which was little cabbage. Of course nobody wants to be called that, so I am sure it's Sure it has progressed into more suitable endearing names. :)