What program do you recommend for screen capture.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by popey87, Aug 23, 2012.

1. popey87

popey87 Member

What program do you recommend for screen capture? I'm going to start making how-to videos soon for my website earnonline.co.nz, Im looking for the best free screen recorder, what do you recommend and is there a standard one on windows 7 ultimate im sure I seen one but cant find it now? Cheers guys.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

I used to work with Camtasia. It's too expensive. Now we use CamStudio - it's a free screen recording application. Not that feature-rich as Camtasia, but it's enough to make screencasts.

Good luck!
  3. popey87

popey87 Member

Just downloaded and installed it had a wee play, just what I needed thanks Vasily, now I just need that video upgrade to the articles plugin and im away lol.
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

I'm glad to advise. No way :) You'll not get it from us :p as we do value your posts here hehe
  5. popey87

popey87 Member

hahaha don't worry i'll still be very active I'll have many more ideas yet, and i want to keep up with what everyone else is suggesting :)
  6. andrewe

andrewe New Member

Yes, I have agreed with the statement that SnagIt to do the screen capture and PowerPoint to add the annotations and create presentation slides is the best option to try. I had experience with it.