Where can i hire a skilled Subrion programmer?

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by glassjames, Mar 2, 2013.

1. glassjames

glassjames New Member

I have a project i need help with. here it is below.

As posted on guru

Here is my mission. I need to create a block in Subrion(I know how to make blocks). I need that block to be able to call a seperate file. php i am thinking. my options of the types of blocks are plain, html, smarty, php, now i also have the option to call an external file rather than writing specific code. in each block. so not sure how i get there easiest. Here is my dilemma, in Subrion they scrub any code that can call flash, or iframes so my options are to call these objects from a block. i want to create a mp3 player object from my amazon affiliates program, take that code and write it into a php file and name the file name using the amazon product code as the name of the file dot php of course. I have a website that will have music lyrics for specific music, when users browse lyrics i want a block to appear with a mp3 player that will play that tune if the viewer wishes. I created a field in each lyric that i enter and it holds the amazon product ID for that song, i need to call a php file with that ID using the Subrion variable {$lyric.asin} as my name variable. I cant figure out how to get this work or if it can or cant be done. anyone have an idea how i do this? -

Anyhow i asked for help elsewhere and got none so i am wanting to hire someone to help me take care of this thanks
  2. wazza

wazza Member

Do you have an example of the url that needs to be called? Javascript?

You may be able to just wrap it all in {literal}.

Not sure haven`t ever used amazons services.

Quentin
  3. glassjames

glassjames New Member

Ok basically

I am planning to use my first time Subrion as a Music Lyric database

I plan on many song lyrics, when people come to view the lyrics i want a block to pop up on the right ok let me back up a second.

I assigned a new field to my lyrics i call it asin which is the Amazon product code identifier for a product. when i enter the lyric i look up the asin on amazon and enter it into that field. the field doesnt show and is only viewable in the backend control panel, if anyone submits a lyric they will not see that option.

Ok i did the same the albums i should say i have genre, artist, albums, lyrics first,, ok for albums i did the same except i did not have add a field i have a blank unused field called description so in that field i entered the amazon info. and i went and created a block and i used smarty code and here is what i put

Code (Text):
    {if !enpty($album.description)}
    <center>{$album.description}</center>
    {/if}

Now I am not a coder but this works so...

ok in description i was able to call a Amazon image using the normal <a href=html code> and it works great if someone opens a album up the block sees the $album.description and then implements the code in the description.

So that worked great,, The MP3 player is totally different story, if uses flash, you have to call a amazon flash object and i will use some bogus but similar code here

Code (Text):
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-4445aasddasdd53540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab" id="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720asdsad115160"  WIDTH="160px" HEIGHT="300px"> <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8asdasd014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83dasdasdasd8-28a720115160&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160" allowscriptaccess="always"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="300px" width="160px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>
    Well Subrion doesnt let you enter this kind of data into any field in anyway that i can tell,, it strips the code and then doesnt work.. if there is a work around i dont see it..

So what i decided to do was in the lyrics section use the asin field with the product ID in it,, take the real amazon object code and create a php file with that asin code as a name otherwords,, BZ00012K.php kinda name.. every lyric would have its own corresponding php file somewhere,

Now i need to tell a block that when it sees the $lyric.asin that needs to open the php file with the same name as the asin code.

I cant figure out how to do that. Therefore i would like to hire someone who does know what they are doing. to assist me,, I can give you my phone if you are in the states if i am not explaining myself clearly here..

this make sense? thanks
  4. wazza

wazza Member

Try wrapping it in {literal} (/literal}

Example with supplied code below.

Try that and let me know the result.

Code (Text):
    {literal}
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-4445aasddasdd53540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab" id="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720asdsad115160"  WIDTH="160px" HEIGHT="300px"> <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8asdasd014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83dasdasdasd8-28a720115160&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_a3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160" allowscriptaccess="always"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="300px" width="160px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fuc05-20%2F8014%2Fa3d6dcdc-9368-425d-83d8-28a720115160&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>
    (/literal}
    Regards,
    Quentin
  5. wazza

wazza Member

You may need to adjust some of the amazon code and set asin.

If i understand correctly this code(asin) will be different for every instance?
  6. glassjames

glassjames New Member

I entered that {literal}Code{/literal} into the field and subrion stripped the code and left me with {literal}Amazon Widget{/literal} just in case the object wasnt showing in the box i created a new block and used this

Code (Text):
    {if !empty($lyric.mp3)}
    <center>{$lyric.mp3}</center>
    {/if}
    i opened the lyric that i assigned the literal code too and the box showed
    this

{literal}Amazon Widget{/literal}

Thats why i was thinking in the direction of opening external files from blocks because i just cant figure out how to make subrion stop stripping my code. ..
  7. wazza

wazza Member

ahh sorry i thought you were adding to a block. Give me a sec and ill private message you.
  8. glassjames

glassjames New Member

There is two different things here, What i mentioned about the album and stuff earlier i am calling a Href image from Amazon, i can enter that info into a field box and subrion lets it stay.

With this flash object the code is to extensive i tried to figure out if the code stayed the same for every lyric except for one part which i could probably deal with by assigning just that part to a field and referencing it. but after i retrieved several different codes from amazon for different lyrics, i determined there is entirely to many differences in different locations, it would be impossible to seperately code all the variable.

Thus i figured i could take that object code, put it in a php file name the php file the same as the ASIN amazon code and call the file from a block using the $lyric.asin field in some manner to tell the block which file to call.. not sure if this can be done lol.
  9. wazza

wazza Member

Ok just got it working with you test code.

Would you like me to implement it for you?
  10. wazza

wazza Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. glassjames

glassjames New Member

woot! i sent you a private message did you get it?
  12. glassjames

glassjames New Member

you got it implemented will it be variable though? for everyone one of the hundreds of lyrics will switch to that lyric thats the trick to make it a variable block.
  13. wazza

wazza Member

No...just working with your example code for now. Will need to take a look at what it is you are doing to try figure out the rest.
  14. glassjames

glassjames New Member

not sure if it is cool to list my website here or not,, i can send it to you in a PM.
  15. glassjames

glassjames New Member

i sent my url via PM, i can give access to control panel if you need to look around and what i have going on.
  16. glassjames

glassjames New Member

Re: Where can i hire a skilled Subrion programmer? SOLVED!

Solved! Wazza and I discussed this and i took what he showed me and after a few more hours got this to working Plus Rep to you wazza, you are a valuable member of this community and i am glad to have met you!
  17. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Nice job Quentin :cool:
  18. wazza

wazza Member

Re: Where can i hire a skilled Subrion programmer? SOLVED!

Glad you solved it. Nice work!.

Will be a great addition to your site.

Regards,
    Quentin

19. wazza

wazza Member

Cheers Greg

20. wazza

wazza Member

Almost ready.

This one will be specific to modgurus lyrics package.

Will also create a standalone version.

Currently supports all amazon flash player specific sizes, associate id (monitized) and adds ids for each lyric to link to the particular mp3.