xooArticles 1.1 RC has just been released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by admin, Jul 2, 2007.

1. admin

admin Guest

Greetings,

I'm proud to announce xooArticles 1.1.RC version release. We have spent two months for its development and testing. This version passed several internal tests in our testing department and now it's ready for you.

The version is really stable and filled with a plenty of new features.

New Features included in this release

• New Template
    • Manage Banners functionality
    • Calendar Browse
    • Manage Polls improved functionality
    • Members List browsing
    • Account Rating
    • Articles Rate
    • FCK editor implementation
    • Smarty Latest Version
    • Category Icons
    • Full UTF 8 support
    • Multi Language support
    Besides, we have fixed several bugs found in our previous version.

This RC version will be available for downloads during one week. If we do not found any bugs we will release a stable final version.

Help us build a bugless software and we will try to make it for you.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions
  2. larrywcc

larrywcc New Member

When I logon and enter the download area it asks for my domain that I had reg. with if I pick one then click download I get an error

Internal Server Error

Below that it shows I can download

xooArticles 1.0.04

xooArticles 1.0.03

xooArticles 1.0.02

But all give me also an error

Internal Server Error

How can I download the newest version ?
    Thanks,
    Larry
  3. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

Good news.
    When i have installed 1.1RC, i will easily upgraded to 1.1FINAL version?
  4. baramister

baramister New Member

Hi,

I want to upgrade Version 1.04 to 1.1
    In your mail you wrote:
    We have already created an upgrade script and upgrade process is very
    easy. It takes just few seconds to perform it.​

How can I find this script.
    I've only found an install script.
    Regards
    John
  5. admin

admin Guest

Hi guys,
    Downloads problem has been fixed. Now you should not have any problems while downloading the script.
    I'm attaching upgrade script here.

Here is information how to use it:

1. Download 1.1.RC version
    2. Unpack it
    3. Install in the same directory where you had 1.0.04 version. When you upload your files your file manager will ask you to overwrite existing. Click YES
    4. After installation upload this attached script to the same directory and modify the following line:
    PHP:
    $old_prefix = 'v10_';
    Please insert here your old prefix you had for 1.0.04 version
    5. Open this file in your browser

for example if you had your script installed in domain.com you should run domain.com/migrate_1_1.php

That's all

Let us know if you have any questions

Attached Files:

6. baramister

baramister New Member

Hi,
    thanks for helping.
    Running migrate.php article pictures (attached photos) are not transfered.
  7. admin

admin Guest

I did migration myself on our demo version and it worked. Are you sure installed in the same directory where you had 1.0.04 installed?
  8. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Most likely, you install new version in different directory, then simply copy directory "pictures" from old directory to new.
  9. baramister

baramister New Member

Hi,

migrate is working well, I've made the mistake and deleted all folders. I didn't remember the pics.

Thanks for response
  10. admin

admin Guest

You're welcome. Please contact us in case you have any questions
  11. shunny

shunny New Member

I just want to tell all the people involved with xooArtilcles is that this is a brilliant software package...as I have finally got the chance and time to play around with it and I am impressed and I am not that easily impressed. Congratulations on the best articles software package available.
  12. admin

admin Guest

Thanks a lot. It's really great you like what we do. Now we know we are moving in the right direction

P.S. He he :) I'm opening testimonials section on our site. I will add your feedback there
  13. shunny

shunny New Member

Your very welcome..
  14. Johan

Johan New Member

i'm totally agree what shunny said,
    brilliant software package and great support (live support and forum)
  15. admin

admin Guest

Thanks :) Don't hesitate to contact us if you need any design integration
  16. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

What if I want to do a complete reinstall -- Is it necessary to migrate?

I think I made an error. I didn't realize you meant the Database prefix.

And are we supposed to unzip the files over the top of the earlier version in our directory and then upload?

Or, unzip in a new directory on our HD and then upload?

Then run the script?

How do I find out what the prefix is? I tried to look in the config.inc.php and its empty.

I think I'd like to do a fresh install

LexScripta
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  17. chazzbro

chazzbro New Member

I wish I could share everyone else's optimism about xooarticles.

This seems more like a Not Ready for Prime Time application to me.

- author names are some goofy user-name format (instead of plain human being names, which are neither collected or displayed, nor even permitted. WTF?? Don't you understand that people like to view themselves as branded "publishers"? How does this get released without this simple capability?)
    - captcha does not work properly (how is possible to miss this??)
    - in installing the Rain Dew skin, the text color and formatting are very disappointing in their final display (bold type barely distinguishable, line spacing in bulleted items looks awful, links look like crap, text is a lame color even against a white background). why should i have to waste time fixing something that shouldn't be broken in the first place?
    - it seems like the designers were busier trying to sell new copies of the script than making it ready to be usable out of the box (big honking graphic banner with much higher priority than the articles themselves)
    - basic controls (time zone, turn off script credit, etc) are NOT in basic config places, if they even exist at all
    - if there are supposed to be author credit sections in here somewhere, i haven't stumbled across them yet (and yet...isn't the point to make an intuitive interface?)

It took me A DOZEN TRIES to successfully publish a first articles. Why? Misconfigured basic settings and poor error reporting.

Maybe someday this will be ready to release to a wide audience, but I can't build an audience on a beta-level application. I paid $160 for this??

I'm shopping around for other scripts now. :(

Signed,
    Disappointed in Ohio
  18. admin

admin Guest

Hi guys,

We are solving questions with lexscripta via PMs. But I'd like to post some answers here. You should just overwrite your old files with new ones. It does not matter if you unzip the package on your PC and later upload php files. Or upload package to the server and then unpack it.

chazzbro

First of all I would like to thank you for the critics. Though in some cases it could be some easier, I think. The script is just 3 month old and it's not in beta testing or so.
    Easy to fix. I suppose feature request is a more suitable area for this. Personally I do not feel sad about this way of checking as it can be easily changed within 1 minute

it works fine may be you do not have GD lib installed

designs... hmm.. it's just an example of how it can be modified. no need for that picture - it's a matter of 30 seconds also.

:) Will be release in final version. You used eSyndiCat and you know we do not have this feature as well. All you have to do is just to modify footer.tpl file.

The script has passed several usability tests and nobody had any problems with posting article as soon they understand how it works. If you have any advice it's greatly appreciated.

And... it's not beta level application :) I personally analyze different article script and I can assure it's the best option you can get.. IMHO..

Remember it's 3 months old and is already much better than other competitors scripts

Just an example of our customer - xooArticles Article Script :: Linkaroo Articles
  19. WTM

WTM New Member

There is still no control of the time zone in the final 1.1 version or am I not looking in the right place?

How can I change it to the Eastern Time and will it affect any other features?
  20. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Every member can set up his preferred time zone. When you log in, you see 'My Account' and button 'Edit Account'. Click this button, and choose your time zone.